Monday, June 25, 2012

Training: June 11 - 17


Monday, June 11: GEHC Trails – 8 miles – Normal morning run, nothing special but my legs felt a little bit better after having a more relaxed weekend in terms of miles. I wish I would have gotten something longer in on Saturday or Sunday, but it was nice to feel refreshed on a Monday morning. Honestly, I probably needed it with the increase in mileage lately.

PM Run – GEHC Trails – 3 miles – Up and around the GEHC for three miles after work. 

Tuesday, June 12: GEHC Trails – 8 miles – Standard morning eight miler.

PM Run – GEHC Trails – 3 miles – Up and around the GEHC for three miles after work. 

Wednesday, June 13: GEHC Trails – 8 miles – Standard morning eight miler.

PM Run – Gainesville State College – 11 miles – two loops of the 5.5 mile trail with 10 sets of 30-60-90s. This was a brutal workout. I had to add two sets on top of my original planned eight to help carry me to the finish. I knew there was no way I would have finished strong without them. Not that I finished strong, but it was better than it would have been without the extra sets. I think I was a little worn out from doing this workout after one of our OTA media days. I was on my feet out in the sun all day and I think that worn me down a little. About 12 minutes into the run I thought about bailing on the workout because of the heat but I pressed on. Hopefully it will pay off.

Thursday, June 14: GEHC Trails – 8 miles – Standard morning eight miler. My legs were really feeling yesterday’s workout and I made the executive decision to go with one run. I probably could have gotten a second one in before trivia, but I needed to lay on the couch for a few hours.

Friday, June 15: GEHC Trails – 8 miles – Standard morning eight miler.

PM Run – GEHC Trails – 3 miles – Up and around the GEHC for three miles after work. I ran this run around 7 or 7:30 PM and it was awesome. The weather was so much better, at least 15 degrees cooler than when I run around 5 due to more shade. I loved running a little later but I was starving and I’m not a fan of running that late and then getting up and running early. I never feel like I have time to relax when I do that, but once in a while it is a nice change of pace. 

Saturday, June 16: GEHC Trails – 6 miles – Woof. Amanda and I went out with some friends and ended up getting home around 1:30 am, way past normal bed time. I got up at 7:30 to do clips then had to go back to bed because I was exhausted. I slept in until around 10:30, which was awesome, then did two loops around the GEHC to get six. This was a get a few miles in run. I had plans to run again later but settled on running 14 tomorrow to get 80 for the week.

Sunday, June 17: Ft. Yargo State Park – 14 miles – Two loops of the hiking trail for 14. I got started a little later so about halfway through the second loop it started to heat up a little bit. All in all it was a good run, not fast but not slow. I was glad to get a longer run in with the next Dirty Spokes race coming up next weekend.

Weekly Totals: 80 miles on 11 runs – Good week of work. I hit 80 miles, which gives me four straight weeks above 75 miles. If I don’t run well at next week’s race it will not be for lack of miles. Next week I’m looking to hit 70 miles, it will probably be a little bit of a lower week since I won’t be able to run in the afternoon after work most of the week and I’ll probably just run five on Friday and try to save my legs a little bit going into Saturday’s race.

No comments:

Post a Comment