Monday, January 5, 2015

2014 Year In Review

I don't know where to start or where to begin...how many people get that reference? I guess I'll start by saying that 2014 was an interesting year. It was fun, but frustrating. There were times were I really felt like a certified roller (Peachtree) and times when I questioned what I was doing (pretty much first four months of the year), but in the end it was another year of trying to push myself to new limits and I'll take that.

I covered 2,479.4 miles, according to Strava, which included 2,230 miles of running and one incredibly ill-advised 50 mile mountain bike race...errr...ride. Despite being a little down on myself early, I did accomplish my main goals. I won the XTERRA Georgia Trail Series and the Dirty Spokes Trail Series, I ran really well at Peachtree, and I stepped up to a competitive regional race at Rock/Creek River Gorge and made statement. I also got out of my comfort zone with two mountain bike races and a triathlon. Looking back, it was a pretty solid, eventful year. Rather than bore you (aka the three people that will read this) with the details, here's a short rundown with some pictures and a video.

My year according to Strava:


Here's my year in photos:

It got cold in Georgia
I won a zombie trophy 
I was fortunate enough to be a Strava Ambassador
I crossed state lines to Tennessee and finished third in one of the toughest races I've ever run.
I joined a friend for a 6 hour mountain bike race

I did a little running in the City of Angels
I ran my best race of the year in the biggest race of the year 
I ran in Aruba 
I went to Vermont and did Vermont things 
I survived another tri
I AM THE GUY ON THE STANDIE! 
I finished the Fools Gold 50 mountain bike race 
I rolled 





I went to the UK and explored London and it's amazing country side
This was just a cool picture. 
It was a pretty fun process going through all the pictures I took last year and to find some of the best running related ones that I had. As I embark on another year of trying to push myself to the next level, I hope to share my experiences with the vast community of runners both in the real world and online through this blog and social media.

Let's roll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment