Monday, August 19, 2013

Training Camp Training Log - Week Three: The Adventure Continues

Monday, August 5 – Flowery Branch Roads – 7 miles – I hustled out the door and hit the road by 7:15 so I had enough time to get in seven. It wasn’t anything special and my legs were actually pretty dead, but it’s another day.

Meals
Pre run: Honey stinger waffle & tea
Post run: English muffin with maple almond butter & oatmeal with walnuts, brown sugar, and maple syrup (we have some from Brattleboro, VT at work)
Lunch: Turkey on multigrain with spinach, cucumbers. Carrots. PBJ Trail mix.
Snack: Bunny Grahams
Dinner: Flank steak with a ton of scalloped potatoes
Another super long day. In the office by 7 and out at 9:30.

Tuesday, August 6 – Flowery Branch Roads – 7 miles – Woof. This morning was a straight up death march. I probably should have cut it short and gone five, but today is going to be another long day, so I wanted to be try and get seven in since I was running by 7:15 again. Who knows what tomorrow will bring with an early practice.

Meals
Pre run: Vanilla Honey Stinger waffle with tea
Post run: English muffin with maple almond butter & a bowl of smart start with vanilla almond milk (I was starving)
Lunch: Tuna on multigrain with spinach and sun chips (I caved and had chips today instead of carrots)
Snack: Annie’s organic ‘cheese-its’ and a chunk of granola bar
Dinner: Chicken & mashed potatoes

Wednesday, August 7 – Flowery Branch Roads – 5 miles – I had to wait until later in the day to run. It was super humid, so the run was a little miz.

Don’t remember the meals, but I had pizza for dinner. Little bit of a fat kid day.

Thursday, August 8 – Mall Roads – 5 miles – I didn’t have long to run because I slept in, so I rolled five before heading out to get a few errands done before the game. I got the car taken care of to the tune of 500+ dollars to get the plate changed WTF…not cool.

My eating was terrible today. I started out good with a myoplex shake, English muffin with maple almond butter, then before the game I had a PB&J smoothie. At the game is where it went south. I was starving so I had Caesar salad, cliff bar, popcorn (twice) a small ham sandwich and a Justin’s almond snickers.

Friday, August 9 – Day off – Zero – My first day off since April 27, every other day I’ve run at least three (probably more like at least 5) or ridden my road or mountain bike. After getting home from the game at 2 am and having to be back in the office by 8:30 was a little rough. I was completely exhausted by the time I got home and took the zero.

I was hoping to sneak in a trail run at Little Mulberry as a birthday present to myself, no dice, long ass day at work after a late night at work. Awesome.

Saturday, August 10 – Flowery Branch Roads – 7 miles – Big time birthday run of seven miles on the Flowery Branch roads. This was a little bit depressing as I didn’t get any time to myself yesterday or today. Amanda made me a kick ass Captain America cake but I was too tired to even eat any of it when I got home. Oh well, at least I got in a solid seven in the morning.

One of the positives of the day was that we announced that we are going a Back to Football/Play 60 5k before our first home game. It might be a month away but now I’ve got something that I can definitively put on my race calendar for the fall.

Sunday, August 11 – Flowery Branch Roads – 7 miles – Training camp is officially starting to wear me the funk out. My legs feel like R. Kelly’s doo doo butter but, again a silver lining, I was able to eat some of my Captain America cake and that was delicious.

Weekly Totals - 38 miles on six runs - Like I said before, training camp is starting to wear on me. I need a day to sleep in bad. I've also kind of gone off the rails with the diet, at least in terms of tracking it. I've got to try and get back on that track.

No comments:

Post a Comment