Friday, June 19, 2015

Rad Run: Big Daddy Loop on Lookout Mountain



Last weekend, Amanda and I took an impromptu trip up to Chattanooga, Tennessee. I got up early on Sunday morning and hit the trails on Lookout Mountain and brought my Go Pro along for the ride. I ran the Big Daddy Loop, which combines seven trails and travels from Tennessee, south into Georgia and then back north to Tennessee. The run follows lower trails before making the climb up to the bluff trail, which offers awesome views of the Tennessee River Valley.

I've attempted this run three times, finally doing it correctly on this third try. The first time I took a wrong turn and the second time I decided to stay on the lower trails a little longer because there was 4-6 inches of snow on the mountain and I was worried about the bluff trail being sketchy. This time I was a lot more confident in the route. The trail was a little over grown in some sections and there was poison oak everywhere, but once I got onto the bluff trail, I wasn't worried about it. The views were awesome and running along the edge of a cliff is a really cool experience.

Here's what it looked like on Strava (the time is off because I was messing around with the camera)

No comments:

Post a Comment