Sunday, July 22, 2012

Training: July 9 - July 15

Monday, July 9: GEHC Trails – 8 miles – Status quo for the morning run. I felt a little bit sluggish after slogging away in the heat on Sunday. It was brutally hot today so I opted for one run. As much as I want to keep my mileage up this week it is going to be a little tough traveling back home.

Tuesday, July 10: GEHC Trails – 8 miles – Ran the normal loop. I ran the last mile or so a little quicker than normal today. After feeling a little sluggish yesterday and only running once I wanted to try and turn my legs over a little bit.

PM Run – GEHC Trails – 5 miles – Out and back on the greenway. The weather was actually pretty nice for this run.

Wednesday, July 11: GEHC Trails – 8 miles – Today is a travel day. Amanda and I are flying up to Boston for our vacation. I wanted to go longer today but I had to stick around the house in the morning to do a couple of work things before leaving for the airport. I also had hopes of running as second time when we got back to Middleton, but Dad made burgers so I feasted instead.

Thursday, July 12: Hamilton Falls, Vermont – 12 miles – Awesome run on an awesome day with Josh Ferenc up in Vermont. I drove up early and met Josh after he got out of teaching summer school. We jumped in his truck and drove up to Hamilton Falls where we ran down to the dam, went up and over the dam then down around to a campsite. We ran through the campsite trails back to the base of the falls then climbed to the top and swam for about 30 minutes before heading back to Saxtons River.

On the way back to his house we stopped at an ice cream shack on a farm that ran on the honor system. It was really cool. We grabbed some ice cream, I went with peanut butter cup, and hung out for a little bit before heading back to the house and tooling around on Josh’s scooters for a little bit. We even traded some guy an old bike seat for a pair of clipless pedals. I have no idea if they are any good or even if I’ll be able to find a pair of shoes and cleats to match, but for free it’s worth a shot. We hit the Vermont country store then I drove home to meet Amanda to hang out for the night.

Friday, July 13: Middleton Roads – 11 miles – In an attempt to avoid the heavy horse and deer fly population in my hometown this time of year, I elected for a road run this morning. I ran down maple street/62 to the old Danvers state hospital (fun fact - Arkham Asylum from Batman was based on Arkham Sanitarium, which HP Lovecraft based on Danvers State Hospital and it is now an apartment complex.) ran down Gregory street then back roads to Rt. 114 down to River St. all the way to Boston Street and back home.

Saturday, July 14: Middleton Roads – 11 miles – Same run as yesterday. I’ve never done this run before but it’s not bad. The section along 114 is kind of shitty and the first 35 minutes or so has you out in the sun quite a bit, but overall it’s not a bad route.

Sunday, July 15: Zero – Today was a day off from running but I went to OSG and played paintball all day with Danny and Chris, so I definitely got some exercise in. After getting home and showering, I drove down to Old Lyme, CT to meet Amanda and her family to hang out at a beach house for a few days.

Weekly Totals: 63 miles on seven runs – This had to be one of the first weeks I have had without doubling in about four months. I wanted to run more, but when we go home it’s tough to get a ton of running in unless I do it all in one run because there is so much we want to do. I got some good runs in including an awesome day up in Vermont with Ferenc, and my road runs at home weren’t bad either my mileage just suffered a bit without the secondary runs or the one really long day that I’ve been getting in lately. I’m not overly worried about only getting 63 miles in this week and I don’t mind backing off a little bit going into the Dirty Spokes series finale next week. I am going to have to back off during August because of work and while I am sad to see my 70+ mpw streak end, I could definitely use a little bit of a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment